How to change the front and rear indicators of your Ducati 899 Panigale
To start with, the turn signals are actually for us motorbikers, the guarantors of our basic safety and our visibility on the road. Nevertheless, the original indicators are not at all flattering the motorbike design. Specifically on the Ducati 899 Panigale! To be honest, they are unattractive. That’s why, changing the turn indicator has become one of the first actions in the changes of the motorcycle. Basically to fit the design of the bike. And above all, for authenticity. It is still more pleasant to not drive the same Ducati 899 Panigale as anybody else. Despite the simple fact that this transformation is very basic and affordable, several factors have to be regarded. In particular, when changing ordinary indicators to LED turn signals. It is right that the LED indicators are generally more beautiful and most importantly longer lasting due to their long life. Nevertheless, their installation is definitely not as basic as when exchanging standard turn signals. Basically because the LED turn signals do not require the same electric power to operate. We will describe to you the specifics of their set up in this article.
The right way to choose the turn signals for your Ducati 899 Panigale
Initially, to find the right indicators for your Ducati 899 Panigale, it is right to say that we can discover everything and anything on the market. And especially with considerable cost variations. For your Ducati 899 Panigale, you will need to question yourself the right concerns to find the perfect indicators. Start by understanding if your Ducati 899 Panigale is previously equipped with standard turn signals or LED indicators. Simply because if you desire to modify your standard indicators to LED turn signals on your Ducati 899 Panigale, it does not require the precise same installation costs and techniques. For the change to a LED turning system with a ordinary installation you will have 2 different methods. The 1st technique is to switch the signal relay of your Ducati 899 Panigale to be able to deliver an adequate electric power for the new unit installation. The second method is to trick your indicators relay by setting up a resistor on each turn signals. Generally, the 2nd technique is the most affordable for your Ducati 899 Panigale. As for the 2nd technique, it’ll be explained in this guide. Additionally, the certification of your Ducati 899 Panigale’s turn signals is crucial if you do not want to pay a fine. For their spacing installation, it is a minimum gap of 24 cm at the front side and 18 cm at the rear of your Ducati 899 Panigale. And then for the frequence of flashing, it is important to be around 90 fps with a margin of more or less 30 flashes. Now that you are informed, let’s move on to the method of mounting the turn signals on your Ducati 899 Panigale.
Guide for changing the front and rear turn signals on Ducati 899 Panigale
In this section, we will clarify detail by detail how to modify the turn signals on your Ducati 899 Panigale. This process is applicable to both classic and LED indicators. We will identify at the appropriate time the variations between the installation of the regular turn signals and LED indicators. The aim of this method is to provide you the right timeline to improve your Ducati 899 Panigale according to the products you have selected. A tiny reminder about the LED indicators, their consumption is lower. So, if you’re not currently equipped with LEDs on your Ducati 899 Panigale, you will either have to adapt your indicators relay or install resistors on each of the power wires of the turn signals.
- First, open up the saddle of your Ducati 899 Panigale, and then disconnect the – port of the electric battery to be able to avoid a bypass.
- After that we start with the front side, taking out and disconnecting the existing turn signals and we will install the new ones. Occasionally, you need to take apart the fairing to adapt for the best. Be mindful to keep every parts.
- Therefore, just connect the new turn signals to the originals cable connections on your Ducati 899 Panigale, pay attention to respect the polarity.
- At this stage, the front side is done! Intended for the back indicators of your Ducati 899 Panigale, you need to disassemble your saddle and sometimes even dismantle your back fairing. It is very easy to accomplish with a basic tool set but be careful of not falling it. You will then have to use the same method as for the front side turn signals. And definitely, make the right installation for your Ducati 899 Panigale turn indicator system. Therefore just reassemble and reconnect the electric battery before closing the seat of your Ducati 899 Panigale.
The right way to install LED turn signals on your Ducati 899 Panigale
- Once your turn signals are placed, you are done! Unless you have to set up LED turn signals and your turn indicator relay is not suitable, you will need to connect power resistors for LED turn signals. It exists on the market some resistive wires, that are much simpler to link up. You can set them wherever you want on the power supply of the turn signals, even just at the rear of the new turn signals. Nevertheless make sure that it will be positioned in a aired position as they may warm up to 100 degrees Celsius.
To end, this operation is very easy and can be performed in 30 mins if you have all the elements. As for the tool, it is really very basic, so that a set of keys and hex key, and also a regular or electric clamp. For cable connections, it is conceivable to use different things like the electrician tape or heat-shrink sleeve but even Japanese pods or basic banana plugs. If you follow the several indications accurately, you will be able to do the modification quickly. Hope your Ducati 899 Panigale is much more elaborate,have a very good ride !!