How to change the front and rear indicators of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB
Firstly, the indicators are actually for us motorbikers, the guarantors of our basic safety and our visibility on the road. However, the primary indicators usually are not at all embellishing the motorbike line. Specifically on the Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB! In truth, they are simply ugly. That’s why, updating the turn indicator happens to be one of the first steps in the modification of the bike. Basically to match the design and style of the bike. Additionnaly, for appearance. It is usually more pleasant to not ride the equal Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB as his neighbor. Despite the fact that this change is very basic and economical, several factors need to be considered. Specifically, when turning turn signal lamps to LED indicators. It is right that the LED indicators are ordinary more good-looking and most importantly more durable because of their durability. However, their setting up is not as simple as when changing standard indicators. Simply considering that the LED indicators won’t require the same power to function. We will demonstrate to you the specifics of their setting up in this posting.
The right way to choose the turn signals for your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB
First of all, to find the right indicators for your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, it is true that we can find a lot of bad stuffs on the market. And particularly with considerable price differences. To improve your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, you will need to question yourself the right questions to find the perfect indicators. Start by knowing if your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB is currently equipped with standard turn signals or LED ones. Basically because if you want to modify your flashing lights to LED indicators on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, it does not require the same set up spending and methods. For the switch to a LED system starting from a ordinary installation you will have two different techniques. The first technique is to change the flash relay of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB to be able to deliver an adequate power for the new unit installation. The second method is to trick your flashing relay by setting up a resistor on every indicators. Globally , the 2nd technique is the most affordable for your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB. As for the 2nd technique, it’ll be revealed in this guide. Additionally, the qualification of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB’s turn indicators is essential in the event you do not want to pay a fine. For their spacing set up, it is a minimum space of 240 mm at the front and 180 mm at the rear side of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB. And for their frequency of blinking, it is necessary to get about 90 fps with a difference of more or less 30 blinks. Given that you are informed, let’s apprehend the method of mounting the indicators on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB.
Training for changing the front and rear indicators on Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB
Here, we will explain detail by detail how to modify the indicators on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB. This process can be applied to both standard and LED indicators. We will identify at the appropriate time the differences between the set up of the standard indicators and LED indicators. The aim of this technique is to give you the proper chronology to improve your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB regarding to the equipment you have chosen. A little reminder about the LED indicators, their electric consumption is lower. Consequently, if you are not already geared up with LEDs on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, you will either need to adjust your indicators relay or set up resistors on each of the power supplies of the indicators.
- First of all, open the seat of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, and then remove the – terminal of the electric battery to be able to avoid a short-circuit.
- Then we start with the front, removing and disconnecting the installed indicators and we will set up the new ones. In some instances, you need to take apart the fairing to adjust them better. Take care to keep all the parts.
- Then, just join the new indicators to the originals cable connections on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, in taking care to follow the polarity.
- At this time, the front is completed! With regard to the back indicators of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB, you have to take apart your seat and often even take apart your rear end fairing. It is fairly easy to do with a basic tool set but be cautious of not falling it. You could then need to employ the same methodology as for the front indicators. And of course, make the proper installation for your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB turn indicator system. Then you just have to reassemble and reconnect the electric battery before closing the seat of your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB.
The right way to set up LED turn signals on your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB
- Now that your indicators are placed, you are done! Unless you have to install LED indicators and your turn indicator relay is not suitable, you will have to join power resistors for LED indicators. It exists on the market some resistive wires, that are much simpler to connect. You are able to set them wherever you want on the power supply of the indicators, possibly just behind the new indicators. However make certain that it is positioned in a aired position as they may heat up to 100 degrees Celsius.
To end, this operation is very simple and can be achieved in thirty short minutes if you have all the parts. As for the tool set, it is definitely very standard, so that a set of keys and hex key, as well a regular or electric clamp. For connections, it is possible to use diverse components like the electrician tape or heat-shrink sleeve but also Japanese pods or simple banana plugs. If you follow the several indications correctly, you will be capable to do the installation fairly quickly. Hope your Harley Davidson DYNA FAT BOB is a lot more showy,have a good ride !!