Tips to drain the oil of your Piaggo X Evo 125 ?
First of all, executing the main maintenance of its Piaggo X Evo 125 will allow you to make big savings year-round. Actually, motorcycles necessitate a particular focus with regards to maintaining it. But for this, there is no need to be a petrol head, nor to have studied engines. For your Piaggo X Evo 125 , one of the basics of motorcycle protection is the drain. It is not useful to do it on your own if the motorcycle is still under service contract but just after this time, for your wallet, it is important to know how to preserve your Piaggo X Evo 125 . Basically because economically it’s worth it, also because it allows you to understand how your motorcycle is effective and certainly to love it much more!
For what reason is it necessary to drain and change the oil of its Piaggo X Evo 125 ?
Let’s start with a small explanation, the oil of your Piaggo X Evo 125 has many functions. First, engine oil or oil drain, as its name suggests, helps to lubricate the engine motor of your Piaggo X Evo 125 . Consequently the oil has an essential role, it greatly minimizes the friction within your motorcycle. Additionally, by minimizing friction, it also minimizes the rise of heat. Then, by this technological aspect, it preserves the wellness of the engine of your Piaggo X Evo 125 . Finally, it has a role of detoxification and a good defense against corrosion. The oil has the feature of having a good resistance to the challenges of a thermic engine but it is not everlasting. Quite simply, after running the motor of your motorcycle, it charges with dross when it flows in the engine. For the impurities, the numeration can be extended by heading from metal filings, to dusting linings from the clutch discs. Passing through dust sucked by your driving. Along the time, its color gets closer to a dark shade and turns to black. The more it is, the more you have to be quick to change it!
The process to drain the engine oil of its Piaggo X Evo 125
When do I have to drain my Piaggo X Evo 125 ?
First of all, to have a good idea of ??the draining frequencies on your Piaggo X Evo 125 , just have a look in your manufacturer’s manual. Here you can find the basics of the suggestions for the maintenance of your motorcycle. However, it is completely advisable to drain your oil about every 5000 to 1000km or 3000 to 6000 miles, and if you do not ride as much, at least one per year. Also, before the wintere storage, it’s greater. Second, the reason of your draining is the use. And that’s what produce impurities in your motor block. The most severe are fuel residues in the oil as a result of condensation if your engine motor runs cold, or a segmentation in bad condition. As gasoline has drying out properties, it really makes a bad combination in your Piaggo X Evo 125 . Consequently, it acidifies the oil, removes its anti-corrosion side and puffs the gaskets. Conversely, if the engine heats up and your use is very sporty, it can also happen. To conclude, it is required to check out over its Piaggo X Evo 125 and be sure to have a respectful use of the motorcycle. No need to drain constantly, nevertheless at the proper instant.
The needed tools, the time it requires and the level of difficulty to drain your Piaggo X Evo 125
First of all, on the difficulty level, it is very easy and it doesn’t need particular knowledge. Secondly, if you stick to the steps of draining your Piaggo X Evo 125 , you’ll have completed it within an hour. Finally, you will need to have a basic tools collection (keys), a oil filter wrench tool or a strap wrench (you can try to make one with a metallic collar and a bit of technical sense), a recuperator fot the Oil (a cut in half petrol can, works also). And of course, a new oil filter, a new gasket if yours is worn and your new motor oil.
The 10 stages to drain Your Piaggo X Evo 125
- 1) First of all, the setting up. 1st, heat the motor of your Piaggo X Evo 125 . Indeed, it is normal for the drainage to be always carried out with a heated up block, because this allows the oil to have a smoother flow. Consequently, it runs greater and it’s more rapid. Then put your Piaggo X Evo 125 on stand and place the oil recuperator below the screw for draining. Make certain that the collector is big enough. To do it better, you can always put an old linen or cardboard underneath the oil collector.
- 2) Second, the drain. First, you can unscrew the oil cap by which one we fills the oil.Therefore the air that enters the engine and helps the oil flow, so let the oil cap opened. Then, locate your draining screw (under the motor, very identifiable and mentioned in the manufacturer’s booklet) and unscrew it by way of a key at the right size. No adjustable wrench tool please, it damages the screws. Then, once you are prepared, you can completely release the drain screw of your Piaggo X Evo 125 . However make sure to be careful to not burn off your hands, you can easily use gloves, it is even recommended.
- 3) Nowadays let the oil drain until the flow ceases. Then, move the recuperator under the oil filter. Therefore, use your filter wrench (or strap) to unscrew the oil filter from your Piaggo X Evo 125 . And let it runs. The majority is easy to remove. Be careful to remember the position of the parts that come with the oil filter. If it seems sophisticated, take a picture.
- 4) Nowadays, you can install your new oil filter on your Piaggo X Evo 125 . But be mindful to have every single thing cleaned and understanding methods to mount it. There might be gaskets and springs, so be aware to remember their dispositions and certainly to put everything back again in the right position. In general, you will have all the guidelines in the new oil filter package.Highly important, oil the seal of your new oil filter to ensure the waterproofing and facilitate the tightening.
- 5) Concerning the tightening up of the new oil filter of your Piaggo X Evo 125 , generally there are a couple of options. The pioneer one relating to the motorbike model, you should be able to read markers surrounding the oil filter which will allows to find out the intensity of the tightening. The second is to put the gasket in contact and screw nearly a turn.
- 6) Set back the draining screw on the engine motor, gently tighten up or torque (35-40 Nm), no reason to fracture the motor crankcase! And as well, if the seal is in a bad shape, install a new one.
- 7) At this point every spare parts should be in position, complete with your new oil, either within the minimum and maximum level if you have an indicator on your Piaggo X Evo 125 , or by the quantity indicated in the maintenance booklet or on the internet (be watchful to identify a trustworthy info).
- 8) Nowadays seal the drain cap and then start your motorcycle.
- 9) Leave your Piaggo X Evo 125 runnine enough time to increase its heat and chack that the oil indicator is not lighten up. Cut off your motor, and reverify the oil level of your Piaggo X Evo 125 .
- 10) Tidy up! When your Piaggo X Evo 125 is all set to go, be sure to keep the used motor oil and make it recycled. Clean your tools well, and run for a ride!